Oh, wow! I’ve been nominated by SuperKyle221 (author of the Keen Legacy) for a Liebster Award! I’ve been nominated for something similar in the past, but I’ve been bad at following through with the questions. But I’m going to do this one!
SuperKyle221’s questions for me:
What is a song that you hate, and why?
I haven’t listened to a pop radio station in years, and so when I break out of my old person prison they keep us all in and I listen to some of the top songs on Spotify I find that my tastes have not kept up with what is “popular.” So pretty much anything that is on Spotify’s Top 50 songs rn.
If you could meet one person who died more than 150 years ago, who would it be?
I’m a Ph.D. student who studies Classical Studies, so this is a hard one for me because I could list off pretty much anyone from Ancient Rome and be happy. Augustus comes to mind first and foremost because his life is the hinge on which so much of the Western world swings upon.
What is your favorite joke?
A Roman walks into a bar, sits down and says “I’ll have a martinus please.” “Don’t you mean a martini?” The bartender asks. The Roman responds “If I wanted two I would have asked for them.” BA-DUM-CHA!
What is something you’ve done that you’re super proud of?
My academic career, definitely. Also the fact that I moved acorss the country on my own without knowing the place I was moving to or anyone there in order to pursue higher education.
If you could have any job in the world, would it involve dogs?
My daily life in general involves dogs, and I think everyone needs a dog in their life because people can learn from dogs how to enjoy life better. But alas, my dream job wouldn’t involve dogs. Just give me two at home to greet me with wagging tails every day.
Who is your favorite literary character? Why?
Atticus Finch. Because he’s god-damned Atticus Finch (although don’t give me any of this ‘Watchman’ bullshit’)
What is one trope that you never want to see ever again, in any medium?
I’m not sure if it is technically a trope, but the idea of a big, bad villain who wants to kill someone/destroy the world/blow up something for no real reason other than the fact that they’re a big, bad villain. What I call the “comic book villain” (although to be fair, I do not and have never read comic books so I don’t know if this is fair). Give me some depth to a character and don’t make them wholly evil.
When is the last time you looked up at the sky to watch the stars?
I went home to Maine last month and went camping in Acadia National Park. The tent we were staying in had one of those removable tops and we took it off and fell asleep looking at the stars. I find that where I live currently the sky is dulled by light pollution, so whenever I go back to Maine I am literally struck dumb by the overwhelming number of stars that you can see.
What is one thing that you wish somebody would ask you?
About the fictional world I have been creating in my head for years.
Imagine a magician who can only do five small tricks, but they all use real magic (eg he or she can really pull a rabbit out of a hat, he can find any card you pick, he can really pull a coin from behind your ear, etc.). Knowing this, is she or he more or less impressive than Chuck Norris?
So much more. Chuck Norris is overrated…
What sound does hope make?
A peaceful morning.
Questions for my nominees:
- What was the last thing you created?
- What company do you wish would go out of business? Why?
- What’s the most interesting sounding word?
- What conspiracy theories do you actually believe?
- What was the last thing you dressed up as for Halloween? When was it?
- Dinosaurs or Dragons?
- Mountains or Ocean?
- What food looks delicious but you can’t stand the taste of?
- If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
- Do you read for content (i.e. the plot) or language?
- What do you have on your fridge door?
- fluffymao, author of the Mayfields Legacy
- LilyPadMeulin, author of the Waveborn Legacy
- Bugsie2016, author of The Burton Legacy
- Wendelyn, author of The Ladies of Newcrest
- LegacySims2017, author of House of Pancakes (and other stories)
- SeaDragonSong, author of The Story of Bob Bobson
- jennemm75, author of Pleasantview Descendants
- beautimous, author of The Reeds, Through the Ages
- Patch_2008, author of Family Man Challenge Legacy
- RipuAncestor, author of Forget-Me-Not
- Bloudeed, author of Movin’ On Up